WVLC uses Flickr to collect and share your Snapshot Day photos. By uploading photos to the WVLC Flickr® account and the Snapshot Day photo set, you are verifying that you have permission from the subjects photographed (the subjects’ parent or guardian if under 18 years of age).
To acquire permission, download the Photo Release. The suggested language contained in the photo release may be used in its entirety or altered to meet your specific situation. The use of images requires authorization. Keep these on file at your library.
The West Virginia Library Commission may use the photos to promote library services and champion libraries.
To upload photos to Flickr, follow the steps below:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for username and password.
- Go to www.flickr.com
- Click on "Sign in" in the upper right corner of the page using information provided.
- Click where it says: Upload Photos
- Follow the instructions
- Click Upload again (bottom of screen)
- Add description/tags:
- Choose the collection: Snapshot 2012
- Tag all photos as follows: [WVLC snapshotday] and [Name of your library]
(just spaces between the tags please!)
- Optional: brief description or caption for your photo
Questions? Contact: WVLC Library Development, 304-558-3978