The Results are In!
On February 14, 2012, Snapshot Day, 44 libraries:
A Snapshot Day Story
Logan (8) and his Grandpa come to the library every week. One day Logan and his Grandpa were watching Who wants to be a Millionaire. Logan knew the answer to the million dollar question because (he said) he had read it in a book from the library. When the contestant got the answer wrong, Logan told his Grandpa, "That man would be a millionaire now if he used the library!"
Read more memorable quotes from your patrons.
- Served 11488 patrons
- Circulated 11390 items
- Registered 126 new borrowers
- Answered 977 reference questions
- Processed 203 interlibrary loans
- Hosted 2069 computer sessions
- Presented 24 children's programs to 624 participants
- Organized 11 teen programs for 144 participants
- Coordinated 23 adult programs for 258 participants
- Welcomed 13 classes with 260 students visiting
- Booked 21 meetings with 502 patrons attending
What Your Patrons Wanted to Know?
Librarians answered approximately 977 reference questions including:
- I am interested in doing a school project on coal, can you advise me as to where to start?
- I need to prepare for the entrance exam for the Licensed Practical Nursing Program, do you have materials that I can use?
- What is the meaning of crepuscular?
- What is the phone number of Auto Zone?
- Where can I find an Ohio State Tax Form?
- Is Valentine's Day always on the 14th of February?
- What are the demographics of people who buy Newsweek, Time and US News and World Reports?
- What animal runs the fastest?
- What websites or books are out there for Swiss Army Knives?
- How do you use a chair lift?
- How do you validate a website?
- Do you have the contact/form for a social security number replacement?
- Do you have information on bucking broncos?
- Do you have any books on windmills?
- Do you have books on Billy Graham?
- Do you have gardening books?
- I need health food books, where do I look?
- Do you have a book on plants native to West Virginia?
- Do you have books containing love poems?
- Do you have the Jefferson series by Dumas Malone?
- Can you help me find out what happened to my (tax) refund?
- Can you help me attach a resume to my job application?
- Where do I get scholarship information?
- Where do I find Consumer Reports for purchasing a toaster?
- I'm writing my junior paper; can your help me build my bibliography.
- What books do you have for FCC licensing?
- How do I become the executor for my daughter's estate when no executor was assigned?
- What kind of birdhouses do I need to put up to attract bug eating birds?
- What water companies serve Summers County?
- Help me find out what the world would be like if there were no plants?