Martinsburg-Berkeley Co. Public LibraryStreet Address:
101 W. King St.Mailing Address:
101 W. King St.City:
267-9720Web Address: http://www.mbcpl.org/Director:
Libraries in Berkeley County have a long and varied history. The county’s first library dates to 1825 and several other libraries were started over the years, but didn’t last - until the Martinsburg Women’s Club opened the county’s first permanent library in 1926. The Martinsburg Library moved into its current home in 1968. The existing Naylor Memorial Library in Hedgesville became the first branch in 1968, and other branches were eventually established in Inwood and Falling Waters. The Hedgesville Library opened its new building in 2014. The Martinsburg-Berkeley County Library system serves over 100,000 residents.